Some people love brown rice; on the other hand, some of them just endure it because it contains a lot of fiber and is healthy. To make your brown rice taste delicious, you just need the right ingredients.
It is very important to replace your regular rice with brown rice if you are planning for a diet.
Rice is known as the most popular food item in the world. There are varieties of rice that are available in the market from red to black.
Brown rice amongst them is the most popular as they are healthier and includes a lot of protein in it. The outer layering of brown rice contains proteins and minerals which makes it special and different than other rice types. It takes time to cook but it is worth the time.
Most of the nutritionists prefer brown rice over other types of rice because of its nutritive values.
Since the 19th century, brown rice is considered the most valuable.
It is very easy to make brown rice that tastes good. People who do not know and wonder how to make brown rice taste good need to follow the tips below.
5 Recipes to Make Brown Rice Taste Good
1) Herbs and Brown Rice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cup of brown rice
- A cup of herbs (Any)
- Take the saucepan of medium size, pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into it and heat it at medium flame.
- When the oil is hot, put the onions in it and sweat it until it becomes translucent in color.
- Add a little salt to it and then toss the onions into a blender.
- Add all the herbs, garlic, add a little more salt and blend it properly.
- Pour the mixture that you’ve made back into the pan and simmer it for a minute meanwhile you need to prepare your rice.
- Wash the rice nicely and add it to the simmering mixture of onion.
- Add water as per the rice package instructions.
- Cook, it based on the time that is on the instructions.
2) The Basic Recipe of Brown Rice
You can soak brown rice overnight to make them softer. If in a case you forget to soak the rice, you can increase the cup of water by 2.
- 1 cup of brown rice(short grain), soaked overnight in 3 cups of water
- 1 ¾ cup of water
- A large pinch of salt(sea)
- Take a medium size pan, fill it with fresh water
- Add rice into it
- Let it boil over high heat.
- When it boils at high heat, lower the heat to simmer and boil it for about 40-50 minutes.
- Wait until the water is evaporated and keep it covered for about 10 minutes before you serve it.
3) Carrot and Feta Brown Rice Recipe
You can make this rice when you feel like eating spicy but healthy.
- 1 tablespoon of harissa paste
- 1 slice of a medium carrot
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- A couple of chopped olives
- Take ½ cup of warm rice, add 1 tablespoon of harissa paste and stir to mix it properly.
- Cut 1 medium-sized carrot into 4 parts and boil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot to brown rice along with parsley and stir the combination to mix.
- Decorate it with chopped olives and feta.
- Your harissa paste rice is ready to serve.
4) Brown Rice Bowl with Herbed Chickpea Recipe
This type of rice is suitable for any season and is very healthy. To make it taste even better you can prepare it in extra virgin olive oil.
- ½ cup of brown rice
- ½ cup of cooked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon of brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of tamari
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Take a pan, pour oil into it.
- Add brown rice into it.
- Add chickpeas into the mixture and stir it properly.
- Now, add brown rice vinegar into it.
- Add tamari and sliced scallion into this mixture and stir.
- Now, add chopped parsley and fresh dill into it and mix it properly.
5) Lemon Marinated Kale Bowl with Avocado Brown Rice Recipe
Toppings make the rice interesting and taste much better than regular rice. This recipe will have a lot of toppings which is why it’s going to be easy yet tasty.
- 1 cup of thinly sliced kale
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons of flax oil
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup of brown rice
- ½ teaspoon of tamari
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds
- Take a pan; add kale with fresh lemon juice.
- Now, you need to add flax oil and a pinch of salt into the mixture.
- Keep stirring the kale until it wilts.
- Now, add brown rice and tamari into it.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of flax oil and sesame into it.
- Finally, you can make a charming topping with marinated kale and avocado.
Brown rice is considered to be the healthiest rice amongst all the types of it. People believe in the nutrition of brown rice since the 19th century. It is a little expensive but it worth the money. You will not regret buying brown rice over any other type of rice.
By eating brown rice, you are pampering your body and making it healthy. If you are thinking of the expenses that you will make on brown rice now, just think of you get unhealthy in your future. It’s better to spend on the right things at the right time, then to regret it later. If you think that this thing is expensive that does not matter, what matters is your health.
In brief, these are the five recipes you can try to make Brown Rice taste good.