Working from home is a great way to be more productive and have more time for your family. However, it comes with its own set of challenges. One of the most common problems is staying fit while working from home.
In this article, we will explore how to stay fit while working from home and avoid all the health risks that come with it.
Why You Need to Stay Fit While Working from Home?
Working from home can be a great way to save time and money. However, there are some risks to your health that you should be aware of.
- Working from home can lead to a sedentary lifestyle, which is the leading cause of death in the US.
- WFH can lead to social isolation and depression, which is one of the leading causes of disability worldwide.
- Home office culture can also lead to increased stress levels due to lack of social support and increased workloads.
- Working from home can increase the risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease by decreasing physical activity.
Different Types of Workout Equipment For Staying Active While Working From Home
A lot of people work at home and are looking for ways to stay active while working. If you’re one of these people, then this article is perfect for you. We will take a look at different types of workout equipment that can be used without leaving the house.
1) Stationary Bike
Stationary bikes are great because they don’t require any space and they don’t require any special tools to assemble either. The only downside is that they can be a little loud, but if you want to use them while watching TV then it shouldn’t be an issue.
Below are some of the key health benefits of Stationary Bike –
- It pumps your heart in a healthy way.
- Help you with your weight loss efforts.
- Slash the body fat.
- The stationary bike is a popular piece of equipment for those aiming to lose weight and tone their core, and it provides a low-impact workout.
- Strengthens lower body(legs, butt, quads) and core muscles.
- Considered to be a safter alternative to road cycling.
2) Treadmill Desk
Treadmill Desk offers many health benefits such as increased endurance and weight loss potential. A treadmill desk can cost anywhere from $1,000-$2,000 depending on the size and features you want your desk to have.
Below are major health benefits of Treadmill Desk –
- Treadmill desk provides gentle exercise which is known to help both with general circulation and lower body weight. It has also been found to be beneficial for heart health.
- Keep your system alert and increase productivity.
- Keep you stay active even while you are working.
- Boost morale and reduced stress level.
3) Rowing Machine
This machine works out both your upper and lower body and is better than a stationary bike mainly because it requires a lot of space. A rowing machine can also cost anywhere from $100-$1,000 depending on the size and features you want your machine to have.
Below are some of the incredible health benefits of using Rowing Machine while working from home –
- Gives full body workout.
- It can be customized according to your fitness level.
- Low impact on joints comparing to running on roads.
- Improve your cardiovascular health.
- Great workout for legs and arms.
- Burns calories fast.
- Works best for most of your muscles group.
- Decreases stress level.
4) Under Desk Elliptical Machine
The elliptical trainer is a low impact exercise machine that can be used while sitting at a desk. It helps you to maintain your fitness levels without putting any pressure on your joints. The most important thing to remember when using this machine is to keep it under your desk, so that it doesn’t take up space and distract you from work.
A decent under desk elliptical machine will cost you from $50 to $1000 depending on the brand and features.
Check out key health benefits of this under desk fiitness equipment provides –
- Helps you to maintain your health while working.
- Provides low impact workout without causing much stress on your joints.
- Helps you fight against your sedantry lifestyle.
- Boost your cardio health.
- Tone leg muscles, calves, hamstrings, and quads.
How to Keep Yourself Active while Working from Home?
Working from home has its perks. You can set your own schedule, work in your pajamas, and not have to commute. But sometimes, it can also get lonely and boring.
There are many ways to stay active while working from home- you could go for a walk around the neighborhood or do some yoga on the porch.
Here are a few other ideas:
- Find an activity buddy! This may be someone who is also working from home or someone who works outside of the house but wants to chat with you during the day.
- Join a meetup group in your area that meets up once a week at different locations.
- Take up an exercise class at a local gym or studio that offers classes online or on weekends so that you can exercise anytime of day!
- Check out some YouTube videos for workouts and fitness tutorials to try out in your living room!
- Find a skill you could teach yourself (e.g. cooking, knitting, crocheting) and practice for a few hours each day.
In conclusion, it is important to keep yourself fit while working from home. Working from home can be a great opportunity for you to have more time with your family and friends. However, if you are not careful, it can also lead to obesity, depression and other health problems.
So, take care of yourself while working from home and enjoy this new work culture in a healthy way.