Don’t you think it’s better to add life to your years than to add years to your life?
Everyone these days is striving to get in shape and lead a healthy life. You spend a handsome amount of money in gyms and other weight reduction activities; however, all you need is a comfortable pair of shoes and the motivation to move, that too at your own pace.
Walking, Jogging, and Running (WJR) is undoubtedly the best way to maintain your health and well-being.
It not only maintains your health but also helps in reducing weight, combating stress and promoting mental fitness. It also helps in keeping various infectious diseases at bay.
Lets have a look at this WJR concept in detail.
“W” Stands for WALKING
Are you suffering from problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, stress or obesity? If yes, walking is your solution. Don’t be surprised. Walking can do miracles; you had long been waiting for. There are endless benefits of walking. Some of them are-
- Regulates blood pressure– Walking immensely helps in controlling blood pressure. A 10-minute walk daily can significantly reduce your blood pressure.
- Fights Obesity– Walking at a faster pace can help in fighting obesity causing genes. Eventually promoting weight loss.
- Improves Heart Health– Walking for about 20 minutes a day or 2.5 hours a week, can reduce the risk of heart-related diseases by 30%.
- Better Immunity– Walking regularly can have great effects on the immune system of your body. It readily increases the number of immune system cell, thereby, helping the body to fight more diseases.
- Boosts Memory– Walking at least thrice a week can help in increasing the size of the part of the brain involved in planning and memorizing, thus, improving the memory.
“J” Stands for JOGGING
Jogging is basically exercising, just without subjecting your body to huge amount of strains. Most people are involved in cardiovascular exercises like walking or running, jogging is somewhere between these exercises and has a number of benefits of its own-
- Weight loss– People looking forward to reducing weight through natural means; generally pick jogging as their choice. Jogging burns cholesterol and fat from the body. Running for about half an hour can burn calories up to 180 grams.
- Stronger bones– Jogging help in strengthening the bones and also prevent the body from various bone-related diseases.
- Better muscles– Jogging help in growing new muscles and also strengthening the existing muscles. Since legs are the primary and most worked up target, it tones your legs without letting them grow in size.
- Better cardiovascular system– The cardiovascular system involves the functioning of the heart, which transports the oxygen-containing blood throughout the body. Jogging makes the process more efficient and also improves the health of the heart.
- Improved energy– Jogging makes the human body more energized. It not only gives you more energy to work out for long hours, but also keep you energetic throughout the day.
“R” Stands for RUNNING
Running is undoubtedly one of the best ways of getting in shape, but it not only tones the shape but also benefits almost all the parts of the body in the following ways-
- Prevents diseases– Running can help you fight a number of health problems including, diabetes, blood pressure and some kinds of cancer. It increases the flow of oxygen in the body and improves the entire immune system of the body.
- Reduces stress– Stress can affect your mental health as well as your mood. This might also cause a loss of sleep and appetite. Going for a quick run can uplift your mood and the extra energy consumed while running will also induce hunger and need for rest.
- Boosts stamina– Running can boost your stamina to great levels. Better stamina leads to increase in hours of work out and also keeps you energetic throughout the day.
- Improves skin– An increased flow of oxygen leads to a glowing skin and eventually a better skin health.
- Boosts confidence– The process of setting goals and achieving those helps you boost your confidence and self-esteem.
So, whether you plan on losing weight, getting in shape or just lightening your mood, try WJR concept. Walking, Jogging, and Running has benefits piling up with the passing time. It has benefited generations and is supposed to benefit generations to come.